Re: Wireless Transmission

"Hi Eric,
             Yes I would totally agree. I wish Tesla had
communicated better, had taken on interns in large
numbers (In case he died before the work was done
so it could continue to be proved one way or the other
and added opinions of interns would have helped the
communication) and made his lab notes more usable
outside of his mind set rather than self reminders. I think
he also needed to practice what he expected from the
other science people, accept their ideas rather than
deny them, even as he worked to merge or improve
them or his own. Who was right, wrong  or in between
was not important, improving the state of the art was.
Especially for the times, when it looked like anything
might be possible. The Technology then had many limits.
In case this posts early, I am respectfully responding to
many messages as fast as I can, being a slow typer.
Mike"

	Tesla wrote about some things which were so new there really weren't
yet any common names for some of the phenomena, which just adds to the
confusion of what he meant; not his fault.  For example, I think that
names like ampere, volt, and watt weren't in general usage until the
1890's, the time of Tesla's emergence as an important figure in
engineering.  I have a little book on "Electrical Measurements" which
was written in 1892 and still refered to "quantity and pressure" for
current and voltage, expressing Ohm's law as "R=C/V".  Except for the
names, the stuff in the book would be current today.  Interesting
because it had belonged to a student at the Naval Academy and apparently
they studied science ane engineering even in those days.

Ed