Re: DC tesla coil

Original poster: Blake Hartley <teslaspud@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello all

I have finished the secondary for the coil. It is on a 3.5" OD PVC
pipe sealed with 2 coats of Minwax fast drying polyurathane. It is
wound with an 18 inches of 25 gauge wire for ~910 turns, coated with 3
layers of the same varnish (I will eventually get around to putting
more on.) I am going to make an impromtu Primary soon to test it with
my 9/30 NST. I was looking up magnifiers, and i had an idea: would it
be plausible to make A DC magnifier? Thanks

Blake