Re: coil running of car battery(s)?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

Hi Devon.
From about 1900-1960 there were many TC plans using a car battery and induction coil to power a small TC. You might want to check some of these:

1) "Experimental Electricity for Boys" Willard Doan  - 1959
2) "The Boy Electrician" Alfred P. Morgan 1913, 1929, 1940, 1948, rev. ed. 1961
3) "The Boy Mechanic - Book 4" Popular Mechanics Press 1924

These are all horizontal coils with helical primaries, but the principle is the same. Excerpts from reference #1 have appeared on several websites.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.