Re: Welder question not coil related

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Probably high leakage current from the line across the transformer or a high
resistance short.

Have you measured the resistance from ground clamp to the power line
connections (obvious, with the welder unplugged)?  Should be infinite.

It also might be wired wrong, or an old design where the power Neutral and
welding ground are connected.

... Hook a (fused) ammeter from ground clamp to hard ground and see how much
current it flows.. 100 mA is more than enough to really hurt.

Uhhh.. the other thing is, maybe that's why they were selling it?

There's a whole bunch of online "metalworker" forums where you could
probably ask about this model, get a wiring diagram, etc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:02 AM Subject: Welder question not coil related