Re: Welder question not coil related

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 1/24/05 7:38:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
The wiring is kind of brittle inside. I have attempted to retape and cover
the supply wires with flexible conduit and heavy electrical tape.

Someone has been inside this thing before because I found three splices on
the supply wires. All this has been replaced.

Hmmm... sounds like a Tesla-coil related subject after all: when you're done stripping all the windings out of your ancient deathtrap welder's heart, you'll have a decent core for a high-power ballast.

-Phil LaBudde