RE: Homemade caps == too much like work???

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You must have made a mistake in your calculations.  I use to use glass and
aluminum foil many years ago.  It works fine but it has a very bad power
loss.  Not sure how much loss exactly 50% at least.   Glass gets hot after
a short run and it breaks.   Try glass jars filled with salt water it is
very easy to make.  Glass again too bad power loose.  Wrap the outside of
the jars with aluminum foil.  Set all the jars on a sheet of aluminum foil
to make the connection to all the jars.   Fill the jars with salt water and
put a jumper wire between all the salt water to make the connections.   You
can add more jars very easy to get a higher uf value.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gary350/cap.htm

Gary Weaver