Re: How are toroids made?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Bobby Amaya <dimon20042004@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi everyone,
Can someone please explain to me how donut-shaped
toroids are actually made and what are the steps?
Thanks for any info:-)

Metal spinning. Here is how a have made balls: http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/spinning A similar procedure can be used to make toroids, using two forms. The first form makes the inner curve. The second, with the shape of a half toroid, makes the outer curve and is used for finishing the outer surface. My lathe can't make things with more than 9" of diameter, and so is not very useful for toroids.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz