Re: Theory acceptance- Displacement current?

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry you feel that way, I dont think everyone here views the list in that way. I have had dissension about some of my views in the past and take it as an opportunity to learn someone elses perspective and maybe something new. How people respond to new ideas is an individual reaction and new ideas have often been met with skeptism since like the beginning of time. If you are right and persevere you should get some converts. Skeptism is healthy and is an opportunity to address issues raised.

Gerry R

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Be more honest.  This list is not interested in new theories that
can make better Tesla coils, unless they are improvements on the
old theory.  There is an absolute dislike on this list for
anything new.......

<snip>

But I know what it's going to come down to.  This is a list for
building Tesla coils according to the old-timers.  It is not
about building coils according to Nikola Tesla's designs or
theories.  And this is not a list for new theories.  So just say
it as it really is.  There is nothing wrong with running the list
according to your own desires.  If people don't like it, they can
go somewhere else.

Dave