RE: Theory acceptance- Displacement current?

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gerry,

> I'm sorry you feel that way,  I dont think everyone here
> views the list in that way.  I have had dissension about some
> of my views in the past and take it as an opportunity to
> learn someone elses perspective and maybe something new.  How
> people respond to new ideas is an individual reaction and new
> ideas have often been met with skeptism since like the
> beginning of time. If you are right and persevere you should
> get some converts.  Skeptism is healthy and is an opportunity
> to address issues raised.

I welcome skepticism, it is the cynicism that I reject.  The
difference between a skeptic and a cynic is that a skeptic will
ask questions and get to the facts before making judgment.  A
cynic just blows the theory off.

When I see a skeptic, I'll rejoice.  Marco seemed to be
skeptical, but so far, he's the only one.  I need to give him
time to follow through on his forceful, skeptical inquiry.

Dave