glass instead of pvc

Original poster: sean <sean@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi, I had arcovers from the feedback coil to the secondary on my vttc to
the point where I had to take it apart and put it in a box.  Info here
http://www.firethroat.com/v.php

Even when it was not arcing over, the pvc it was wrapped over caught
fire which would not be put out and sucks a considerable amount of power
away from the secondary.  I have had problems with pvc burning in sgtcs
as well.  Would it be possible to use tubular glass instead?  any other
possible suggestions here?  I think pvc is ok, but if it can burn, it
becomes problematic.  What can I use?  I know everyone always laughs at
this.. but what about putting the whole coil under oil and let the
toroid actually float in 2 senses?  Then I could get a much better
coupling without fear of arc-over.

any ideas?

--
sean <sean@xxxxxxxxx>