Re: Test Coil, strange spark

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/4/05 12:13:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have an
inductive fliter protecting my NST. Has anone experenced secondary node
ring down causing voltage peaks on the primary circuit? What could be
causing this occasional long spark?

I need to start work on a variable speed RSG.  i.e. Try to get 1st node
quencing with a magnetic pulse aswell as an RSG?  Has anyone tried
combining the two..

Here is a 10 second exposure of my 250KVA fixed frequency RSG.

http://www.hackinghardware.com/firstlight.jpeg

Thanks

Chris

HI Chris,

Two points of concern:
1. Inductive filters often cause intermittent spikes in TC power supplies by introducing additional resonances.
2. Variable RSGs are often fatal to NSTs.
In explanation of these phenomena much has been written; see the list archives.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.