Re: Towards the autonomous lifter - using a TC.

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

With my public display lifter, I need to do some design work to stop the balsa supports breaking down and carbon tracking after months in action. While I am there I will hook up to my small TC which at 2 inches is ideal for a test. Rectification may be unneccesary (as Antonio later points out) as this may be partly achieved with the thin upper wire and foil skirt being unequal sizes. Liters work with either polarity but I am not clear at what frequency this can be altered. Nevertheless, a little corona wheel functions fine on a TC. Alternatively I have a 150kv vacuum tube rectifier which will have a much better frequency response than most HV diodes (but greater capacitance).

Peter

Original poster: "Chris Rutherford" <chris1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Also doesn't a lifter need DC to provide a constant E field that causes the ions to move? What is the effect of a RF lifter and has anyone managed to power a lifter off a big TC using some thin transformer wire? Is there anyway of rectifying the output of the TC i.e. a single HV low power diode? ........