Re: Winding large Secondary

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

We used a set of four inverted furniture swivel casters mounted to a
2x10, to wind wire on a 12 inch concrete form.

The tube cradles between the swivel casters and spins very nicely. The
tube tends to advance ever so slowly while being spun. So we placed an
additional roller at 90 degree against the end of the tube.

Larry spun the tube while I maintained tension and guided the wire
into place using my fingertips. It took about an hour to make the
lathe and it took us about three hours to wind 8.5 lb of 22 gauge.

The same lathe can be reused for larger forms.

Jared and Larry