Re: MOT with chopped off primary -- Anyone tried this before?

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <tesla_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, I once chopped off a MOT primary and rewound it
with half as many turns. I used a dimmer & motor run
cap to pulse it. It was sort of like an ignition coil
on steroids. Very nice arc--nice & hot. Mine didn't
last long enough to become part of a TC power supply.
It died of internal arcing with less than an hour of
run time on it. The principle was sound though. Just
needs tougher insulation.

Greg