Re: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:57:04 -0500, Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

How do you explain the difference in color of the sparks?  One is
purple, the other is bright white.  If there is just one
manifestation of charge, shouldn't you be able to get a bright
purple, or thin white spark?

An imperfect conductor that carries more current will be hotter than the same imperfect conductor that carries less current. The color of the radiated light follows the blackbody radiation theory and Wein's Law:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_body
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wien's_law

The fact that there could be electrons between a high potential
and low potential and manifesting in two very different modes
seems not to be explained by the above laws.  I don't see
anything in those equations that would suggest such physical
appearances.  Yet, you see the different modes for yourself.

I think I just explained, albeit the highly abridged version, above, using priciples established in the late 1800s.

 > It seems obvious from the photos that the top of the tube is
 > near the same potential as the top of the coil...  That is
 > certainly just as expected from plain old field theory...

I can't tell if we are talking about the same thing or not.  Are
you saying that it looks like the potential from the topload to
the vacuum tube is the same from the vacuum tube to ground?  What
makes you say that?

The potential of the tube is closer to the potential of the topload than to ground. And that's what one would expect due to capacitive coupling and field theory....

 > It is sort of a neat way to demonstrate field effects....
 > But I really honestly see zero "new" theory to any of it :-|

That's true.  The "new" theory I am talking about is really the
old Aether theory, but based upon modern measurements.

Didn't Michelson and Morley disprove the aether theory pretty thoroughly? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson-Morley_experiment

The fact is, in order for something to have an effect, it must be
real.  In the modern interpretation of EM theory, the field is
just a mathematical construct.

I can show that a magnetic field is "real" with some iron filings, and the gravitational field certainly feels real enough....

In Maxwell's time, it was the
Aether.  What my theory shows is that Maxwell was right about the
Aether.

See Michelson and Morley above.

It is interesting to me that it can be proven, at least visually
so far, that there are indeed two distinct manifestations of
charge, which matches the quantities derived from the empirical
data.

All that we have proven, visually speaking, is that one spark has more current than the other. I don't see how this even demonstrates that there are two distinct manifestations of charge, let alone proves it.

Regards,

Mark Broker
The Geek Group