Dan's DRSSTC II 1st light tips?

Hi,

I am about 90% complete building Dan's DRSSTC II
DRSSTC II : "A Modern Day Solid State Tesla Coil Experiment" Book

I'm at the stage of final wiring.

All the mechanical stuff is done.. The coil, primary, strike rail, toroid,
PC boards, etc came out great. Inductances are within 5% of the book! The
gate driver puts out pulses. Except for making the base round instead of
square, I followed the book  pretty closely.

I WAS HOPING SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME SOME LAST MINUTE TIPS ON HOW TO DO THE
1ST POWER UP SO I DON'T KILL ANY OF THE FOLLOWING!

(1) - Myself
(2) - My expensive H-bridge IGBT's
(3) - My computer, TV set.. etc

thanks. Marc