RE: Terry's Test - Two Manifestations of Charge

Hi Dave,

Excellent, thanks for the great information.  I've got a bunch of
small bulbs.  I'll see if they have a rating on them.  Is there a
similar way to test for potential?  I would like to eventually
determine whether there is more power between the tube and ground
than there is between the tube and topload.

A ball gap voltmeter, but they might not work well at all under AC conditions. Probably need a high voltage stack probe with a shielded body. The voltage is not terribly high in this case. Ross sells them, or you could make one for vastly less money. I think the copper rod would be ok with a little loading from such a probe.

Also, the bright white spark is apparently radiating more photons
than the thin purple spark.  Is this extra energy radiation
accounted for in the current measurement?  It would seem to me
that the photon radiation is in addition to the current.

The camera (me) did not take that good of picture. Best to set it up yourself so you can see it first hand. I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Cheers,

        Terry