Re: 3D version of ETesla

Hi Mark,

At 09:09 PM 7/7/2005, you wrote:

Basically the control grid would have a unique value for a floating object in which adjacent cells would be averaged and the average applied to all the cells. I did this as a Laplacian surface experiment in the spring or fall of 2000 (in MathCAD!).

I see! That should work fine!

Maybe iterate the 500 x 500 x 500 array 250000 times :o)))

Perhaps with some careful grid setup, the number of iterations could be significantly reduced. I believe I had suggested that about ET6 while it was still a BASIC program (no pun intended!)

I need to calculate flux going through a Gaussean surface, so have to be careful of messing with the symmetry of the grid too much.

Indeed, this is the answer I expect from most on the list - "fun" idea with some use, but too much work for the result.

But if the spirit grabs you, don't let us hold you back ;-)

Cheers,

Terry