Re: Dan's DRSSTC II 1st light tips?

Hi,

In my setup, a 50 ohm 100W resistor has two states. Either it is charging (soft start), or discharging (soft stop), the big buss caps. The resistor is shorted out for full current running:

http://drsstc.com/~terrell/schematics/Chassis.gif

One may have to stare at that schematic awhile and the function of the charge/discharge switch and the bypassing run stop switch to see the "beauty"...

But the circuit works super good for me and is easy to deal with...

Cheers,

        Terry

At 09:30 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
Just remember, if you lower it, its going to have to be big to dissipate all
that power.

Dan