Re: Streamer modeling

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Wow, thanks a TON for that, Terry. I took down a few runs I did with ETesla and ended up with some
fantastic field renderings; it's interesting seeing the disruption caused by the the strike rail.

Any chance you have a similar .mcd file that renders the output into a color range instead of greyscale,
or is it more complicated than that?

In any case, thanks again,

Jon

Terry Fritz wrote: > > Hi, > > The program E-Tesla6 generated an array 500 x 500 that represents all the > voltages (or field stress in this case) around a Tesla coil: > > http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Programs/Programs.htm > > Here is the input file I used. You might want to reduce the grid size to > say 100 instead of 500 at first since 500 takes time to calculate. > > http://hot-streamer.com/temp/input.txt > > MathCad simply displayed this array as a contour plot in greyscale. > > http://hot-streamer.com/temp/E-Tesla6.MCD > > You will have to use file association in the first menu to change the file > name/location for your situation. E-Tesla generates an array called > "soutput.xls" which is simply the array. > > E-Tesla sort of explains it in the help file.