Re: Craig's SGTC (plus SSTC)

Original poster: Rob Maas <robm@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Craig,

Very nice setup, but...: your strike rail acts as a shortened turn. Just introduce
a gap of about an inch. The performance MUST improve by that.

best regards,  Rob

Original poster: "Craig Dunn" <craig_d73@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I've just started to get decent streamers from my first SGTC so I thought I would post the results. The setup is:

* 4 MOT Stack Power Supply (no oil)
* Inductive Ballast (limits current draw to 10A).
* 80nF MMC (was originally beer bottles).
* Asynchronous Rotary Spark Gap
* 110mm Diameter Secondary (1000 turns 0.55mm wire).

P.S. If that 1.5 kV rating of your caps is for *DC*, rather than *AC*, you
    need a (carefully-tuned) safety gap across your MMC (but perhaps you
    have that already)