RE: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: "David Thomson" <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bill,

> But this brings up a big issue.  If Tesla accomplished it,
> HOW DID HE DO IT?

I have been researching this for several years.  It appears to me
that Tesla needed the huge topload to hold a very large quantity
of electrons.  First he would build up resonance within the tower
such that a huge electrostatic potential appeared on the topload,
but did not leak out with streamers.  Once the electrostatic
charge was developed it, he would detune the system such that the
electrostatic charge would bounce between ground and the topload
at 8cps.  Just like a plunger moving up and down in water, the
electrostatic charge would move up and down in the Earth's
electrostatic field.  Once the Earth's electrostatic field was in
resonance to the oscillator, it would require very little
additional energy to keep the resonator in operation.

I have found that a combination flat spiral and tall solenoid
secondary coil is particularly effective for Tesla's Wardencliffe
design.  I have built scale models of these combination coils.
http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/FlatSpiralSolenoidCombo.htm
http://www.tesla-coil-builder.com/tesla_magnifier_1.htm

Dave