Re: 3 phase coils

At 11:45 AM 7/11/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: Michael Brooks <screaminfleadesigns@xxxxxxxxx>

I know this thread died in May but I have been up to my ears in distractions...
I teach basic 3 phase at a Tech school and would like to look into a 3 AC coil or jacobs ladder.
I am especially enthralled with the way the magnitudes balance each other and am curious as to how this would pan out in a coil or ladder.

If I ever get it together and actiually finish some of these porojects I might actually learn something : /
'flea

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes"
I would start by trying a 3 phase Jacobs ladder using 3 Neon Sign Transformers connected with primaries in Y and secondaries connected in delta.
The usual NST has 110V primary, so 208/120Y would probably be the right way to go.