Re: Tubing size

Tim,

(9) 15/30 paralleled NSTs? Wow, that's an awful lot. If you're looking
for that much power, why not just go for a single pole pig as your pow-
er transformer? I tried (10) 15/30 NSTs as a power source for a big
coil several years ago and "I" didn't like it. If one of the NSTs decides
to go, it will drastically pull down the output of the rest of them and then
you have to check each one to figure out which one is fried! Once I re-
placed the whole mess with (1) properly properly ballasted 10 kVA,
14,400 volt pig, the output was much more impressive than with the
10 NSTs, too. A little research with your local power company or
with their transformer supplier can often net you a remanufacturered 5
or 10 kVA pig for as little as $200 to $300. Also, unlike fragile NSTs,
which can easily burn out if something goes wrong, pole pigs are very
rugged and practically "bullet proof" in Tesla service. Occasionally pole
pigs show up on ebay too, but unless you happen to live close to where
the pig is, the shipping and freight will probably cost as much if not
more than the transformer it self.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 12:59 PM Subject: Tubing size

My 10" coil is going to be powered by nine (9) 15KV, 30mA transformers in parallel (4 KVA). If anyone has comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tim Walters