Re: Recent s.s.t.c work

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Got that right, Steve! A 2004--and it has a ~200 V battery but also a 200:500 VDC converter. It would be my dream, of course, to power the coil from that. But at 77?...naaah!

I love that little car, by the way. Especially in knowing in some detail how it works, with its two 3-phase motor-generators and the positively ingenious way in which one of those drives the other--thru its own inverter "backwards"!--to modulate the power to the wheels. Acceleration is just slick as...well, you know what.

KCH

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Steve Conner <mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx><steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Seventy years
> as an electricity-nut...it's hard to believe!

Hi K.C.

Glad to hear your DRSSTC is on its way to firing up!
The driver circuit sounds quite unlike anything any of
us has tried before.

Is that car in the picture a Toyota Prius? The SSTC
builder's dream car with its onboard 350v battery bank
:)))))

Steve Conner