Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bill,
Sorry for the slow delay but Earle was here from MIT and He, Bob and I went out for a meal before doing some lab work. He came just as I was going to reply.
Yes, I told you that the 7.8 or 8 (not 7) Hz signal was heard on (AM) car radios tens of miles away as a tick sound with the impulse. Could have been on the phone.
But you can be sure this was ground wave, these were daytime transmissions; Also it was heard on empty (other than the broad band tick) frequencies, it never would have been heard well on an active frequency.
Also the signal was strong close in but weak with distance, as it should be. All in all, what they really had was a "controlled" static crash, in ham terms.
In trying to ring the cavity, this was the best that could be done in distance and followed all the standard distance loss laws like every other radio transmitter.
Fired up by a known to this list PH.D with lots of fancy, manipulated math, Bob was convinced by him that, first, the x-rays would be so powerful that the path from the rectified coil / x-ray rectifier would ionize easily the air from the tube to the tower and even wire would not be needed, that the DC pulses would arc right in the x-ray paved path. Wrong. Many like situations with same PH.D. Finally after 2 years, Bob took the numbers he was then questioning to several real experts, all of who laughed at the number manipulator's numbers. I am trying to be polite here.
So, while he started out trying to prove out the theory, he ended up actually disproving it, or as close as anybody else has done with like equipment.
Also, there were some questions about the cavity Q, I asked Earle about this in some length. Cavity Q is from 5 to 3 and gets worse with harmonics, is pretty much not a cavity after the 5th harmonic of 7.8 / 8 Hz. A big hairy lightning strike pulse might make it 3 times around, no more than 5.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:06 PM Subject: Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mike" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> HI Bill,
>                 Making reply from work machine, Mike here. Golka DID
place an

Also, was it you who recently mentioned that Bob G. used his big coil to send out 7Hz pulses, then detected them many tens of miles away? (Perhaps this was a phone conversation.)

> > Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >

> > Here's an idea for a dangerous outdoor experiment.
> >
> > I think Mike <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx> mentioned that Golka tried
rectifying
> > his big coil, then sending out ~7Hz DC pulses, but wasn't able to > detect
> > any large Earth resonance.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci