Re: DIY HV transformer

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Godfrey.

You theory migh be right for cases where the core is
sawed apart, but I did not cut anything off.
This was not an usual E-I core, all legs can be removed
by design, look here:
http://www.luebke-lands.de/pics/trafo2.jpg

All legs look like the one that stands next to the
transformer in the bottom right corner of the picture.

However, you might still be right and remains of the expoxy resin
the transformer was coated in, have gotten between the parts of the
core and produced an airgap.
I disassembled the core again yesterday to recoat the parts where I
cut of the jug for the dowel pin.
I will try to assemble the core extra precise this time.

best regards

Christoph

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:04 AM Subject: RE: DIY HV transformer