RE: Help with my rotary gap (and other tuning problems).....

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you are not familiar with the Variac, I would sugest that your first
course of action would be to __get__ familiar with it.
By blindly mucking about, you stand a very good chance of destroying
something of great value.

Get your voltmeter, set it on the low Ohms range and start probing. Keep
notes and try to figure out what the wiring diagram is.

A Variac is prety simple, it is a one-sided transformer
(autotransformer) and will have taps brought out at different numbers of
turns.
There is no primary or secondary.
There are no hot, neutral or ground.
It's all hot.