Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey

> >Your not coiling unless your blowing capacitors! Then when you get things
> >worked out to where the capacitors stop blowing, you start blowing
> >transformers.
>
> >DRSSTCs don't have transformers ;-))) 12 years latter, we are pretty good
> >at not blowing things, and were coiling harder than ever ;-))
>
> does your drsstc could give something like this:
> <http://www.pupman.com/current/gleyh/gl3/gl26.jpg>http://www.pupman.com/current/gleyh/gl3/gl26.jpg
>
> or this:
> <http://www.ttr.com/images/coil-12.jpg>http://www.ttr.com/images/coil-12.jpg
>
> or, at last, this:
> <http://www.ttr.com/images/m9b.jpg>http://www.ttr.com/images/m9b.jpg

OK, so i havent gotten that far yet, but how about this:

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/DRSSTC2/spk2-3-18-05.JPG

or

http://www.tb3.com/tesla/ch2004/pages/IMG_5026.htm

> oh boys - you just playing toys ;-)

HAH!  I almost take offense to that :-)... i could be making 20 foot
streamers if i had the space, but im limited to 10-12 feet, and i only
have a 20A service, many coils of that size can not claim that
performance on a 20A 240V line.  And i bet you couldnt carry the
entire coil like i can ;-).

> p.s.
> i always have been puzzled - why didn`t you invented drsstc - as it`s the
> next logic step after oltc.
> :-)

Because Jimmy was figuring it out at about the same time as the OLTC
;-).  Actually, the dual-resonant solid state tesla coil was around
previous to the OLTC, just not in the form it takes now.

Steve