Re: SRSG Phase Controller

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 7/15/05 11:18:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I do hope that was intended to mean "self-braking", not breaking! Still, its
not good either way.

Rob,

I looked at my webpage and was surprised to see that I had used the
wrong spelling.  I rarely do that but it can happen.  I wish someone
had pointed out that spelling error sooner.  I like to have zero spelling
errors at my website so if anyone sees any spelling errors at my
website, please let me know right away.  Of course I should
just be more careful in the first place.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who is using any motors of 1/2
HP or larger and if they are having or have had any self-braking
problems when using the SRSG phase controller.

I seem to remember that Kevin Eldredge is using a 5HP rotary gap
motor on his Biggg Coil, and is successfully using the phase
controller circuit.  I forget if he took any special precautions
regarding the self-braking issue.

Thanks,
John