Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps - any difference?

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

I always got significantly better performance when running my 10" coil during the winter in an unheated room than in the summer. Perhaps due to denser air and lower humidity?

Bert

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: father dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 >Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
 >The reason for giving 100Hz-odd as the minimum breakrate has to
 >do with the air cooling too much between bangs thereby reducing the
 >bang-bang streamer growth phenomenon.
does it mean, that in cold climate countries coils with larger bps
would have incontestable advantage? :-)
it would be interesting to compare maximum spark length of the same
coil in the summer at +20 C and in  winter, at -20 C for example - did
somebody meet such info?
---
Your not coiling unless your blowing capacitors! Then when you get
things worked out to where the capacitors stop blowing, you start
blowing transformers. (c) Richard Quick 11-03-93 20:42