Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

"I know many others, far latter, have proposed running coils at say
7.1Hz.  However, all of "Tesla's" systems were designed to run at far
far
higher frequencies.  I have never seen anything suggesting that Tesla
was
trying to run his coils at say less than 40kHz.  He thought it would
work
fine at the higher frequencies...

Once the Schumann resonances become understood, everyone jumped on those
as
being what Tesla was trying to do.  Perhaps a way to finally "repair"
Tesla's idea.  But "Tesla" never tried to run into those resonances at
all
and he thought the earths resonances were at far higher frequencies
dictated by two concentric spheres...

http://teslamania.delete.org/frames/Non-Herzian_Waves.html

I forget this moment if Tesla quoted the operating frequency of the
Wardenclyffe coil...

Cheers,

         Terry"

	The lowest frequency I've seen him mention was 925 Hz (odd number).
The charging current for his "transmission line" when operating at that
frequency is prodigious to say the least.  (The charging currents for
traditional 60 Hz lines are pretty big too, for that matter.)  I used
the 7.1 Hz frequency because working out a design at that frequency is
perfectly possible (building it is an entirely different matter) and the
numbers would be interesting.  Make the frequency 1 kHz and the coil is
still a ridiculous monster and the charging current goes out of sight,
as pointed out in my earlier note.

	As for Wardenclyffe, he seems to be delightfully vague about the
frequency there as he always is for some reason.  I think there may be
some numbers in Anderson's book but haven't looked for them.  This
matter of Tesla and exact operating frequency has always bothered me.
He does go into calculations in CSN but elsewhere he just mentions
rather wide spans of frequency in which he operated, or could have
operated.  Anyone who had ever really built a top-loaded antenna for low
frequencies should be acutely aware of the exact frequency involved and
the design of the series tuning coil.  He never seems to be which is one
of the reason I suspect some (many?) of his claims to be based on
surmise rather than calculation or experiment.

Ed