Re: Ring lightning

Original poster: CTCDW@xxxxxxx

It is simply an 'S' shaped piece of metal with pointed ends. It must be balanced on a fine point wich is mounted vrtically on your toroid or discharge terminal. It can take a while to get it all balanced and reliable. You DON'T want it to fall off while your coil is running. (ask me how I know). It can cause arcs from the secondary, or land on your primary. I use a piece of Aluminum foil on my little coil. works well, even if it's not particularly "polished" looking.

Chris