Re: Topics Moderator note

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

>  It also allows threads like the 7.1 Hz thing to go on (even though
> officially off topic)

Huh?   Please clarify.   What exactly is off topic?

And it's not "7.1Hz thing."  The thread is about Tesla's World System.
Driven by a huge tesla coil, of course.  Which made it automatically
on-topic, I had assumed. (Otherwise sparks from tesla coils would be off
topic here as well, since sparks are not tesla coils.)

> As always, the subject IS "Tesla coils" and "nothing else"...

Really?   Then I'm in the wrong place.   The webpage says "tesla coils and
their use," not "tesla coils and nothing else."

If the forbidden topics have changed, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update the
website.  I had assumed that the whole point of pupman list was to discuss
tesla coils and their applications and experiments ...such as the main
application for which they were invented in the first place.

Also, please make things more clear on the website.  Right now it says:

   "Topics such as the Tunguska Explosion, free energy, antigravity, etc.,
    are not discussed."

If pupman users are hostile to discussions of Tesla's Wardenclyffe machine
and his "world system," and if these are officially off topic, this
is a VERY important bit of information that needs to be on the web in a
prominent place, such as part of the above list.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci