Re: Topics Moderator note

HI,

At 08:36 PM 7/18/2005, you wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

>  It also allows threads like the 7.1 Hz thing to go on (even though
> officially off topic)

Huh? Please clarify. What exactly is off topic?

A few months ago we had a big list vote on "wireless energy transmission". Since this subject had been addressed "so many" times and always seemed to turn into a flamming mess, we voted on if we should just get rid of this one topic since it was so troublesome and disruptive on the Tesla list...

The vote turned out that "wireless energy transmission" should be off topic for this list. It is the only topic ever to be voted on...

And it's not "7.1Hz thing."  The thread is about Tesla's World System.
Driven by a huge tesla coil, of course.  Which made it automatically
on-topic, I had assumed. (Otherwise sparks from tesla coils would be off
topic here as well, since sparks are not tesla coils.)

> As always, the subject IS "Tesla coils" and "nothing else"...

Really?   Then I'm in the wrong place.   The webpage says "tesla coils and
their use," not "tesla coils and nothing else."

If the forbidden topics have changed, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update the
website.  I had assumed that the whole point of pupman list was to discuss
tesla coils and their applications and experiments ...such as the main
application for which they were invented in the first place.

Since your question did bring out some new issues and new information, I let it go. Happily, the problems of the past have not seemed to plague the thread this time.

Also, please make things more clear on the website.  Right now it says:

   "Topics such as the Tunguska Explosion, free energy, antigravity, etc.,
    are not discussed."

If pupman users are hostile to discussions of Tesla's Wardenclyffe machine
and his "world system," and if these are officially off topic, this
is a VERY important bit of information that needs to be on the web in a
prominent place, such as part of the above list.

The site www.pupman.com is sort of like the Mona Lisa, it has not been updated in many years ;O))) In fact, it looks just like it did when "I" joined.... Maybe we should revisit the site and put a smile on her face this time ;-)) But they say you should not repaint classics...

Cheers,

        Terry