Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I haven't seen any discussion here as the inconsistency betwen the
> resonances being so hard to observe and Tesla's claimed performance for
> his system.  If it could really work the signals at the various
> resonances should be enormous.  Even if the phasing of the lightning
> excitation were completely random the voltage would still be measurable
> in millivolts or volts and simple receivers should work fine.  They
> don't.

Oooooo!   good point.

That might be the needle that bursts the whole balloon.  I don't know the
origin of all the electrical noise that's measured *between* the
resonances.  A big enough local source could drown out the worldwide
lightning signals.  But if lightning is like Wardenclyffe, then the big
local noise source would also be like Wardenclyffe, and we should be able
to build receivers to gather pulses of existing energy flux.  Run a big
coil with x-ray tubes shooting upwards?  See if it *receives* 7Hz power?
(Or just use a weather balloon lifting some #40 wire?)

Especially measure lightning EM fields right at the location of the
strikes, so the waves concentrate themselves again as they comes back from
the other side of the globe.  If Q is that high, there should always be an
enormous 7Hz "clannnng" in the local e-field near the lightning.

> I'd like to see some proponent of the system use one of the various > Tesla coil design programs to design a system that could work at 7.1 Hz

Hmmmm.

I assumed that it would be tens of thousands of times heavier than any
current tesla coil, which forbids anyone from building such a thing, and
strongly implies that Tesla's Wardenclyffe and CS coils must have used
another method.

(((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST website billb at amasci com http://amasci.com EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci