Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Steve,

You wrote:
I think Robert Golka did a tremendous job. . . .

I agree with you 100%, he is très cool.

As for my comments, they're directed to those interested in standing on Bob's shoulders.

Gary Peterson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:23 AM Subject: Re: 7.1Hz, how the heck did Tesla succeed?

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> All of this is
> shown on sheet one of APPARATUS FOR TRANSMITTING
> ELECTRICAL ENERGY,
> U.S. Patent 1,119,732, Dec. 1, 1914

Come on Gary :-/ I think Robert Golka did a tremendous
job. It's not fair to expect him to drill 200 foot
steel lined wells and all that stuff! I remember
seeing him on British TV when I was about six, doing
the trick with the submarine batteries, and thinking
"Wow that guy is cool".

The fact is that Tesla was wrong in his thinking about
how EM waves propagate. There is no conspiracy to hush
up Tesla's world system. It was abandoned because it
doesn't work. Those aspects of it that _did_ work were
pinched by Marconi and others, and refined into what
we now call radio.

As other posters have pointed out, the Omega VLF radio
navigation system uses transmitters very similar to
Wardenclyffe- except far bigger and more powerful!-
and it doesn't manage to transmit any significant
power at long distances. (if you don't believe me, try
lighting a lamp at your home from the Omega signals)

If you really did want to "resonate the earth" I can't
think of anything that would be more effective than a
colossal Marx generator firing 7.1 times per second.
It would certainly give more "bang for the buck" than
a Tesla coil the same size.

If you wanted to transmit power without wires, you can
do a lot worse than a microwave oven magnetron, a
large satellite dish, and a rectifying antenna (aka
rectenna). The short wavelength allows the power to be
beamed accurately onto the receiver so most of it is
captured. The rectenna uses a grid of fast RF diodes
to convert the microwaves to DC. NASA have powered
small drone aircraft this way.

But I guess those techniques are out of the question
because Tesla didn't invent them ;-)

Steve Conner