RE: Forum

Original poster: "Coyle, Thomas M." <tcoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

My $0.02:

I frequent www.m5board.com - 3 guesses as to why, and the first two
don't count. :)

Please take a look (roll over Message Board, and pick any forum). I find
that format to be excellent for my personal and work habits. If I need
to take a few days off for work or personal reasons, I can catch up at a
later date without dealing with 1000 emails. Per-message moderation
isn't required, since everything's contained in separate threads.
However, registration IS required to eliminate auto-spam accounts.

I terminated my membership on this list about 3 years ago because I
couldn't deal with the format. At my new job, I've had a little more
free time to deal with it, and so have signed up again. Since then, I've
come close to quitting on at least 5 separate occasions. I may be in a
rare situation, but the life and breath of my work IS email, 24x7.
Having to filter out the list is difficult and tiresome.

Along those lines, if there was an issue with bandwidth or hosting
space, I'd volunteer to donate both. I have access to a huge pipe and
unlimited server resources. If this thing takes on some semblance of
life, please let me know if these could be useful. A BB-type approach
would be much preferred, and, frankly, I don't see any reason not to do
it, given the resources at our disposal (my bandwidth and servers, and
Chris Rutherford's implementation experience below as easy examples).

Regards,

Tom