Re: Displacement current- is it real (was 7.1Hz)

Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>  > So with your
>  > indulgence, I will make a
>  > few observations regarding criteria that must
> apply
>  > to displacement
>  > currents.
>
> Stork, I guess I agree with every assertion you made
> except #4.
>
>  > 4.  No magnetic fields are experimentally
> measurable
>  > in dispalcement
>  > currents in dielectrics.
Using a 80 lb induction coil of 20,000 winds and a
frequency of 480 hz from an alternator, a poly
container of water surrounded by aluminum foil, with a
2 inch copper tube as central electrode; this axial
capacity C value using water as the predominant
dielectric would yeild colse to the same impedance as
the coil itself, so that when placed in series the
elements would resonate with a q of 8.

Scoped sensor coils were placed over both the magnetic
and electric fields from the stated L and C values.
Ordinarily the electric and magnetic fields are 90
degrees out of phase in series resonance. Dual channel
scopings showed that the changing electric field
sensor coil produced a signal 10 times less then the
counterpart 20,000 wind coil, but it was 180 out of
phase with the original signal, not 90. This implies
that the changing electric field produces a magnetic
field, but also at the 90 degree offset.
HDN