Re: Help with my rotary gap (and other tuning problems).....

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

John,

My Oriental motor came with a 3 ufd cap which is correct by their spec sheets. The motor is p/n 5SK25A-AULA. I used a 10 amp powerstat variac. The selection of the capacitor took much longer than it did with my larger 1/3 h.p. motor. It is very touchy. I ended up with a combination of caps that was 17.86 ufd for best results.

Ed Sonderman