Re: Capacitor Help Needed

Original poster: "father dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Chris Watkins <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> >Original poster: "Sean Taylor" <sstaylor@xxxxxxxx>
> >Hi Wilson,
> >IMO, the best cap for "typical" size TCs is an MMC.  You can get a single
> >string of 10 caps (CDE 942C series, 0.15 uF, 2kV) for a 15/60 NST for
> >about $30.
>

> Sean,
>     Do you know of a source where "exactly 10" can be purchased?
> I'll order 10 today, if possible. (942C20P15K's, I suppose)
> Shoot us a link if you have it. Others may be interested as well :-)

guys - why do you use 942C20P15K? it`s more than 2 times worse in
C*U/$ than 942C16P68K for example, it has smaller peak & rms current.
i know that dU/dt is almost 3 times higher, but for 100-200 khz coils
942C16P68K should be fine, and then we just can increase number of
caps per string.

-------
All I saw was a bright white flash, an explosion like a high-powered
gunshot, and the thick smell of ozone and electrical damage.
(c) Richard Quick  22-01-95 00:13:00