Re: 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps

Original poster: father dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

hi, Malcolm.

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi "father dest" (a name would be great ;),

my real name is Dmitry, so you can call me "Father Demetrius" :-)))
just a joke :-)

> Sorry for not replying to this earlier.

better late than never ;-)
but you didn`t answer my central question.

>  > now instead of the "minimum bps" question i`m asking about minimum (at
>  > practical viewpoint) Vout - does it exist? but maybe it`s just as with
>  > bps - do we need some middle value? or we have to increase geometrical
>  > sizes and aspire to the maximum voltage? :-)

> Maximum voltage the secondary can withstand without flashing over? I
> would.

why should we go close to the "maximum secondary voltage"? why should
we risk? why we can`t stop at, for example, 150 kv, that imo will
never fry my 20" tall secondary? the question was/still:

"minimum (at practical viewpoint) Vsec - does it exist? but maybe it`s
just as with bps - do we need some middle value?"

-------
All I saw was a bright white flash, an explosion like a high-powered
gunshot, and the thick smell of ozone and electrical damage.
(c) Richard Quick  22-01-95 00:13:00