Re: Wattmeters

Original poster: father dest <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

hi Terry.

> Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>>>in generally - how wide is the spectrum of the current drawing by real
>>>TCs - without mains filters, power correctors?

> I used MicroSim to do the spectrum on the AC line for my DRSSTC.  It
> said that almost all of the power was at 60, 180, and 300Hz

i don`t have a MicroSim, only SwitcherCAD III (maybe it`s the problem?
^_^), but here`s the spectrum from my 4fd aka "4 flyback drive" project
(freezed, like all my projects more than year ago :-EEE)

http://cis.ru/~dest/4fd.gif

3300mf, about 3.5kw and about 7kva, but i don`t care! %-)

> I do have RC filter resistors in the AC line however which may
> substantially cut down the higher harmonics too.

what`s time constant of your filter? first order?
i wonder - if the commercial line filter (say 30a) could be able to
clean the spectrum of the classic coil (say at the 5 kva) down to
100-200 hz?

-------
All I saw was a bright white flash, an explosion like a high-powered
gunshot, and the thick smell of ozone and electrical damage.
(c) Richard Quick  22-01-95 00:13:00