Re: Teslas Ball Lightning

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

**warning tesla coil related comedy**

> Original poster: Terry Fritz
> <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Rest assured that "first hand" accounts of ball
> lightning that
> members wish to share are always on topic ;-))
>
> Cheers,
>
>          Terry

Well, I never really wanted to tell anyone this, because I knew I would probably be laughed at and made fun of, but this looks like the right time to share it so here goes...

Early one morning about two years ago, I woke up in
the middle of the night for some reason, I really
don't know why.  But something motivated me to look
out the window before I climbed into bed.  When I
peered through the glass I saw a bright object just
sitting as if anchored in the sky, somewhere around
Orion.  I ran to the dresser and fumbled around for my
glasses.  When I finally made it back to the window,
it was still there, apparently hovering in that same
spot off Orion's shoulder.

Suddenly it made an instantaneous accelaration toward
what had to have been near light speed and came to an
equally rapid stop right in my front lawn, suffering
from absolutely no effects of rapid deceleration.  6
four foot tall, grey bipedal beings diffused through
the hull of the saucer shaped craft and began
advancing toward the house.  I noticed the first four
were floating along carrying a pretty large (for them)
box.  Well for some reason I was not really surprised
when they diffused through my living room wall, box
and all.

I still had my NST system set up from the night
before, but I was blown away when one of the guys who
had been carrying the box pointed first to my coil,
and then to the box they had carried in.  The lid
began to rise up and then slid aside.  I was
completely floored when the object which had been
contained within the box rose up, righted itself, and
was revealed to be a strange looking something which
was obviously their version of a tesla coil.  The
thing that stood out the most was that the secondary
was in the form of an inverted cone...I don't even
really know how it supported itself, but it must have
been some manifestation of their mastery of gravity
and intertia.  I asked why their secondary was of the
inverted conical type, but they did not speak.  Rather
I heard a strong voice in my head (telepathy I guess)
which explained something about minimizing aether
losses or something...I really did not understand it
all I must admit.  They started setting up, so I
figured I might ought to get everything ready with my
coil in case they wanted to see a demonstration.  Wow,
a teslathon with extraterrestrials, certainly a nerd's
dream come true.  It didn't take me long to set up
since I had been running some tests the night
before...just needed to plug in the variac and connect
my RF ground.  I looked at their controller....wow!
Did they rip off Terry??  This was definately a DRSSTC
with some kind of advanced microprocessor control.
They allowed me to inspect the control panel closely:
Break rate, dwell time, etc etc ok, the usual stuff
Terry has...wait a minute?  What's this?  There is a
*ball lightning* setting!!!

Well they wanted me to demo my coil first, so I did
the usual streamers and arcs to ground and such.  They
looked like they were having fun, and I think I even
heard a few cheers in my head, but it was more like
the ambiance of some people watching an old film with
Model T cars or horse and carriage transportation.  I
think they were mostly entertained by the fried CD
stuff I did at the end.

Next they fired up their DRSSTC.  Yep the arcs were
impressive and they could actually hit targets across
the street out the window or just the corner of the
room.  Looked like they had dynamic e-field shifting
ability where they actually pre-program targets, or
vary according to a pattern like a laser show, or even
a fractal.  But I couldn't pay close enough attention,
I wanted to see the ball lightning.  So they must have
been hearing me *think* that, because one of the greys
pointed toward the ball lightning setting and suddenly
a pale, ghostly but unmistakably phosphorescent sphere
erupted from their toroid and floated out to an empty
corner of the room....then it just stopped, hovering
there ominously.  The being at the controller pointed
again and the ball slowly inflated to the size of a
beach ball, no kidding it was about 3 feet in
diameter.   He pointed again and it changed color to a
deep crimson.  After that he shut down the power to
their coil.

They looked as if they had had a good time, but not
much had been said (nothing if you discount the
telepathy) plus, I just had to ask.  I looked at the
grey who had been working the controller and said,
"Please explain about ball lightning, the tesla
coiling community on the earth has been seeking its
secrets for many many years...you do not know what we
would give to understand this power you are able to
harness so effortlessly."  The same strong voice
resounded in my head with the reply, "We do not
believe your species is yet ready for the
responsibility that must accompany the knowledge of
ball lightning.  However, you have shown tonight that
your knowledge of the physical priciples of tesla
coiling are progressing down the path toward such
intellectual maturity.  Some day when we see that
humanity has come far enough on its own to have earned
the right to be privy to the secrets of ball
lightning, we will then divulge what we know.  Or
perhpas Fox Mulder will find the truth to ball
lightning and spare us another trip.  In any case,
farewell."

-Brett

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs