Re: Large Tesla Coil Construction Details - Comments Requested

Original poster: "S&JY" <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would like to see someone succeed in flattening copper tubing into a flat
ribbon.  I am thinking a couple of powered steel rollers, "wringer style",
would work, with some decent guides into and out of the rollers to ensure
you don't produce a wavey mess.  Flattened tubing would be ideal because the
edges would be rounded and less prone to produce corona than brass ribbon,
and the copper would conduct much better, of course.  Anyone up to the
challenge?
--Steve Y.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:41 PM Subject: Re: Large Tesla Coil Construction Details - Comments Requested