Re: LC and Misc.

Original poster: Jared E Dwarshuis <jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx>

From: Jared Dwarshuis

Consider a given length of wire and a target LC frequency. We could
wind a stubby inductor or a skinny inductor.

If we wind a skinny inductor, our inductance will be very low and our
top end capacitance will be rather large.

If we wind a stubby inductor, our inductance will be high, but our top
end capacitance will be very low.

A stubby inductor has a very high self capacitance. In theory you
could make a coil with no top end at all. (maybe someone out there has
done so?)

Dr. Resonance has, in the past, posted information on the number of
turns and H/D ratios. His guidelines are based on a lot of
experience.