Re: 7.1Hz, Frequency variation and Q

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> >Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >" Might be worthwhile to analize a set of twins to see what
> >beats they produce.
> >David E Weiss"
> >In one of his papers Tesla discusses doing exactly this and says that
> >by changing the (relative?) tuning he can produce a large variety of
> >different sparks.

They'd have to be separate and loosely coupled, no? I wouldn't think the nearly-identical coils could drive the same main terminal. WOuldn't one of them see the other one as a short to ground? I don't know what happens with quarter-wave waveguides, but connecting two parallel resonant RLC tanks together doesn't give beats, it gives 2x lower frequency. If you wanted to inject 100KHz and 100.001KHz into the same antenna, you'd need some sort of big matching network.

PS I'm trying to get a big software project finished, so I'm carefully avoiding things like the pupman list! :)

(((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST website billb at amasci com http://amasci.com EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci