[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Video NOW: Discovery Channel, Cable ZAPPED
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: Video NOW: Discovery Channel, Cable ZAPPED
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:54:23 -0600
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Old-return-path: <email@example.com>
- Resent-date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 01:56:41 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <wRmYC.A.sGC.40AoCB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: "keith" <keith.cc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I saw part one tonight and wasn't terribly impressed with it - I'm still
an hv beginner but even I picked up on multiple semantic/factual errors
- saying voltage can 'flow', using 'electricity' in place of 'current',
and citing the 30kv/cm breakdown electric field value for point
electrode discharges, which I'm pretty sure you can't do. I know it's
meant for lay audiences, but errors like those irritate me when I've
expended so much effort trying to learn electricity the 'right' way and
get past such common misconceptions. The woman they had who was
allegedly working on her phd in electrical engineering also did not seem
to know much more about electricity than the stunt man. There were,
however, some good shots of a fairly large coil operating, an impressive
demonstration of electrical-storm independent atmospheric electric
charge, and some glimpses of a large pulse discharge capacitor
bank/charging apparatus. Just my (unsolicited) opinion.
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 2:25 AM
Subject: RE: Video NOW: Discovery Channel, Cable ZAPPED
Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Both parts will be showing on Sunday the 5th beginning at 1:00PM EST.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 12:17 AM
> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Video NOW: Discovery Channel, Cable ZAPPED
> Original poster: dave pierson <davep@xxxxxxxx>
> Much Tesla Stuff, mesh suits, etc.
> Said to be part one of 2.
> Unknown when part 2 will run.
> May rerun ca 12 midnight, est, today.
> Or Not.
> Suggest search on www.tvguide.com
> title ZAPPED