Re: Single shaft motor - Ed Wingate?

Original poster: "claudio masetto" <claudmas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mike, where can I find plans to build a Marinov motor.

Claude.
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Single shaft motor - Ed Wingate?

Original poster: "Mike Knowlton" <amdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  I had to build one of these Marinov (ball bearing)
 motors.
I have not measured the speed but it does wind up
pretty quickly. It also generates a lot of heat, although
I've probably driven it at higher voltage than needed.
 It worked first try, as simple as it is you would expect
it to. The whole time I was putting it together I kept wondering if it was a
practical joke!
  I'm still working on a magnetic theory of drive.
I'm tossing out some ideas looking for feedback.
Each ball bearing is generating a magnetic field, which interacts with the
field around the next ball bearing.
The current through each ball bearing is in the same
direction, thus they would attract each other. Since the bearings are
rotating perpendicular to the magnetic field, is there any way this could
cause the fields to repel and cause the rotation?
                       Mike

> My Marinov motor runs better than 2000 RPM, which >is over 33 > revolutions
per second. Do you really think  >what you are describing can take place