Re: Another 942C failure mode?

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Steve C,

Wow, that just confirmed what my simulations said!  I was pushing
about 90A RMS when the caps failed.

I ran the coil again last night, but was plagued by secondary to
primary flashing due to the humidity (its not always a problem).  Once
i finally got the insulation fixed, it was about time to wrap it up.
Only got maybe a 45 second solid run at full power.  The MMC was still
cool after that.  I kept it to 175uS which should be about 85A RMS
from my sim, which should be no problem for 6 strings of caps.

Steve Ward